CBD is one of over 100 cannabinoids that have been isolated and identified by scientists. In recent years CBD has gained widespread notoriety for its ability to treat a plethora of lifelong chronic illness and disease. Some facts about CBD:
- CBD is completely non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you high.
- CBD is non-addictive, has minimal side effects, and can be used safely by both children, adults, and animals.
- CBD can treat schizophrenia, post traumatic stress, epileptic disorders, depression, anxiety, cancer, osteoporosis, nausea, lupus, OCD, Parkinson’s disease, acute and chronic pain, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative disorders, psychosis and so much more.
I use CBD for my diagnosed generalized anxiety and major depressive disorders, conditions I have had for my entire adult life. At the end of 2017 I used CBD therapy to successfully go completely off of pharmaceuticals, and I’m eager to share what I have learned with you! I use the “Spotlight on CBD” umbrella to house product reviews (both sponsored and non), in-depth articles, videos, and podcasts about this important topic.
CBD for Beauty
CBD is a hot new trend in the beauty world and it’s certain you’ll be seeing more of it in health and beauty products in the future. There has been a lot of recent and interesting research connecting CBD with effective acne treatment and anti-aging properties, enough that I recently started using a CBD facial oil for treating acne and have already seen some progress! I’ve also been using CBD lotions for effective pain relief for more than a year, so it’s very obvious to me that CBD plays a role in both a heathy inside and outside.
On my hunt for a line of CBD-infused beauty products that work, I was delighted to find CBD for Life’s impressive collection of lotions, balms, and cleansers, and I promptly fell in love. In fact, I loved CBD for Life’s hand and body massage lotion so much that I included it in The Stoner Mom Essentials box last year!
The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of CBD naturally aid in reducing the appearance of fine lines and help improve irritating skin conditions including acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis. Clinical research published in the journal of the Federation of American Studies for Experimental Biology shows that CBD is responsible for lipid production which helps the body regulate dry skin and acne. The anti-inflammatory properties also help the body combat aches and pains when ingested and applied topically and are wonderful for naturally replenishing muscles after a hard workout.
- CBD for Life offers a complete line of CBD infused beauty products, covering both and hair and skin care.
- CBD for Life has been featured in popular beauty magazines like Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, and Elle.
- Offers high quality and effective topical and sublingual relief with CBD lotions, balms, oral spray and pain relief spray.
Types of Products Available:
- Beauty – face and body cleanser, eye serum, face cream, pure CBD lip balm, shampoo and conditioner
- Health – intensive healing CBD balms, pain relief spray, foot cream, hand and body massage lotion
- Sublingual oral spray
2015 in New Jersey. CBD for life is a woman owned and operated company!
Origin of Hemp
CBD for Life products are made with water soluble isolate by CBD Pur. CBD Pur uses industrial hemp that is organically grown. Read more about CBD Pur here.
Online Lab Results?
No. CBD for Life does not post individual test results for products, but the company that they source their CBD from does. Check out their latest lab results here.
Products I’ve Tried
- Hand and Body Massage Lotion – CBD for Life’s massage lotion is so light, moisturizing, and effective that I included it in my box of essential stoner mom items! I really love this lotion because of its light aroma, quick absorption and non-sticky texture.
- Lavender CBD balm – This is a god send in our household! With my semi-frequent tension headaches, David’s aches from rough living, and the growing pains of our tall children, this balm gets a lot of use in our household.
- Pure CBD lip balm – This balm is nice and moisturizing, and has a glossier finish that is absent in other CBD lip balms. This is a must-have for my high-altitude Colorado lips.
Without a doubt, my favorite product that I have tried so far is the CBD balm. We have the lavender here at Casa de la Stoner, which is great because lavender is my life long most favorite scent ever. I use this balm on the back of my neck and shoulders when I get intense tension headaches and it helps melt the pain away without me having to take any other pain relief. It’s also great on the backs of the knees of children with tall parents (growing pains are a thing y’all, and they strike at night).
I also really love the massage lotion which is rich but light, very moisturizing but not thick or sticky. It absorbs quickly and has a simple and clean scent.
I regret that I have not yet tried the eye serum or face cream, but those are both the next products on my list. Because of new research into acne and CBD, I am very interested in incorporating CBD into my daily beauty routine. As I mentioned, I currently use a CBD rich facial oil which is great for intensive healing, but I would love to try a lighter CBD lotion or cream for every day moisture.
Who Should Try CBD for Life
Everyone! CBD for Life is primarily a topicals company, safe and easy for any one of any age to try. We talk so much here about the long-term benefits of CBD therapy, but using it topically for health and beauty is just as valuable! CBD for Life products have a simple and clean design, texture, and scent, which make it work well for all sensitivities and all genders. Affordable and readily available online, CBD for Life is a great choice for anyone looking to reap the benefits of using CBD for health and beauty, topically and sublingually. Learn more and shop at CBD for Life here.