MADAS 142 | What to look for when choosing flower
Libation Corner – 2:31
- what glass we’re using
- what strains we’re smoking
- what dabs we’re dabbing
- what drinks were drinking (Don’t worry it’s after noon)
Listener Letters – 9:15
Send in your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org! Share your cannabis story, ask your stoner questions, or request some good old fashioned advice from a mom and dad stoner. We’ll field your questions on cannabis, growing, cbd, relationships, parenting, us, you, whatever. We’ll look up the answers, stoned! Again, that’s email@example.com!
First I’d like to say I’ve followed your podcast and before your YouTube channel for quite sometime now and you’ve shown me how to use marijuana for the healing aspect and it has helped me Soo so much. I use weed for my panic disorder as well as for my borderline personality disorder, and depression with that being said I have to smoke about 3-4 time throughout the day to really get the best medical use from weed and to believe it or not feel alive and not a walking zombie. However this has become pricer than I ever thought it would be now I’m a 22 year old waitress and I try to budget for my weed use but I just haven’t gotten it down yet. I run out too soon or wind up smoking more than I necessarily need so I wind up wasting some I think. I guess my question is do you have any tips to maximize my weed I use or to budget better for the plant I need. I also have a bit of diagnose paranoia which overall believe it or not most of the time marijuana helps this however sometimes I will get a certain strain that will make it peak do you have any suggestions for the best strain for that?
Thanks you and I can’t wait to hear Kathryn’s and Dave’s advice ❤️
- Stick to that budget!
- Consider buying some extras when you do have money, like pre rolls or a small amount of weed.
- Look into places that sell shake, popcorn or trim. Learn the daily deals of your dispensary and shop accordingly. Shop around if you can.
- Snaps, snapper bowl with cannabis
- Try dry herb vaping, because your weed has a much longer shelf life that way
- Buy hemp and cut your weed, especially if some strains give you paranoia
- Consider buying CBD vape pens. These help enormously with the addicting rituals of smoking. I am obsessed with Avida cbd pens right now. Try using one of those for one of your sessions, and then pairing with a snap.
- Keep a record of how much you’re smoking, if it’s working, and any strains that make your disorders worse.
Stoned Conversations with Blavid and Kathryn – 22:51
What to look for when choosing flower
- Shape – hand trimmed vs machine trimmed
- Are dense buds good buds?
- Color – lighter colored weed isn’t good weed
- Does size matter?
- Hairs (pistils)
- Packaging – test results and bud info.
- What about plants?
What’s going on in Dave’s grow? – 39:13
The End of the Show – 45:30
We’ve made it to the end of the show! Big thanks to all of you who make it this far! This is where we ask you guys to help support the show in one of several ways. First off, tell your friends and family about us, recommend the show when you can, and don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast so you never miss an episode. You can also leave us a rating and a review in itunes, or wherever you listen to podcasts. We love to read reviews on the show when we get them so if you’d like to hear your review shouted out, leave us one!
Other ways to support us are to check out thestonermom.com. That site has been up for the last six years and it is our online home where you can learn more about us and cannabis with articles, photos, and lots and lots of videos.
Lastly, we also encourage you to check out Happy Flower Company! That is our family owned online hemp store. There you can legally purchase our CBD and terpene rich smokeable hemp buds. It is our pride and joy, and we are so happy when listeners of the show become customers! Please use code MADAS15 for 15% off your purchase!
Alright guys, that’s it for this episode!
Mom and Dad are Stoned is made by us, David and Kathryn. Learn more about us at thestonermom.com
Follow the podcast on Twitter @momndadrstoned
Follow David on Instagram @whatsgoingonindavesgrow
Follow me on IG and Twitter @thestonermom
Follow Happy Flower Company on Twitter and Instagram @happyflowerhemp
We’ll be back again soon! Until then remember to be safe and responsible with your cannabis use, always be kind, and smoke weed, every day. bye!