The Dirt on Dirt
In Episode 1 David rambled on about the why’s of growing cannabis on your own. He covered materials and supplies, planning a grow space, and shared some of his favorite resources. In Episode 2 he starts to get specific and delves deep into the topic of soil. Soil and its specs are an excellent subject for circle-jerking in online forums. We don’t do that in this episode. Rather, David covers the ins and outs of growing weed in soil, and gives some non-preachy insight on how he does it.
In GrowCast Episode 2:
- Pros of choosing to grow weed in soil.
- What should you watch-out for when you grow weed in soil?
- Soil = Bugs. How to deal.
- Organic, miracle grow, dirt from the yard. What soil should you use to grow weed?
- The complexities of Super Soil.
Click play below to have a listen! GrowCast is also available in the iTunes store. If you are enjoying this podcast series please leave a comment on iTunes! Reviews are the best way to help us gain listeners and we love the feedback!
Super Soil Recipe
- 6 bags x 10-gallon (35 pounds or 1.5 cu. ft.) Roots Organic Soil
- 2 bags x 50L (35 lbs) Biobizz Light-Mix soil
- 2 bags x 30 lbs Organic Earthworm Castings
- 1 box 6 lbs Fish Bone Meal (3-16-0) Note: 3-15-0 or 3-18-0 can also be used
- 1 cup Dolomite Lime (“prilled” if possible)
- ½ cup Azomite (0-0-0.2)
- 1 box 5 lbs Blood Meal (12-0-0)
- 1 bag 4 lbs Happy Frog Bat Guano (0-5-0)
- ¾ cup Epsom Salt
- (Optional) Up to 25% Perlite (for extra drainage)
Argofox- Digital Math Hop Up
Jenova 7 and Mr. Moods – The Vanishing / Faded / Under the Falling Stars